The Agency Public Library opened its doors March 11, 1947. This was a project of the Parent-Teacher Association, which contributed money for shelves and some books to help support the Agency School District. The library was first staffed by volunteers of the PTA. Books were donated by private parties and some lent by the state library. The library was opened in the Agency City Hall building with the city council providing the space and utilities. The library has been at the same location since opening its doors.